We are committed to making Middlesex County as safe as possible, which includes being prepared to manage major emergencies in our area. This website is part of our continuing effort to provide useful information, which can help individuals, families, businesses and communities prepare for emergencies, large and small.
The Community Emergency Management Coordinator (CEMC), working with the Community Emergency Management Program Committee of the eight municipalities and the County of Middlesex, has the primary responsibility and accountability for developing, implementing and maintaining the municipal emergency management programs. These programs are geared towards prevention, response and recovery of major emergencies that could have disastrous impacts on our communities.
Some of the principal responsibilities of the CEMC are:
- Development, implementation, and publication of enhanced emergency response plans for all nine County of Middlesex municipalities to include supporting plans for high risks (e.g. hazardous facilities, floods, severe weather, transportation accidents, critical infrastructure etc.) and the maintenance of the essential level program as per the present provincial regulations
- Development and publication of supporting plans for the dissemination of emergency information including use of Ontario’s 211 telephone information system
- Development and implementation of a public education programs for residents and school children
- Development and implementation of an annual emergency management exercise and emergency management training program, involving appropriate staff, volunteer organizations and emergency services
- Provide training, support and coordination to the CERV (Community Emergency Response Volunteers) Middlesex Team; should a county-wide emergency situation occur impacting the lives and property of County residents, CERV Middlesex volunteers will be there to help
- CERV 2019 Application
Middlesex County Emergency Response Plan (ERP)
At the County of Middlesex , we review our plan annually to ensure we are ready for any emergency that may arise.
All of our muncipalites have an Emergency Response Plan, visit your municipal site to view their plan
- Adelaide Metcalfe
- Lucan Biddulph
- Middlesex Centre
- North Middlesex
- Southwest Middlesex
- Strathroy Caradoc
- Thames Centre
Accessible formats of the Emergency Response Plan are available upon request. To make a request, please contact Kathy Bunting.